What I’ve learned about the Generator Profile
#humandesign #frustration #satisfaction #humandesigngenerator #generatorprofile
by Neva J. Howell unless otherwise noted
Human Design Generator Basics
PLEASE NOTE: I am not an HD expert. I am sharing my own journey of the past few years, into the 6/3 Generator Profile experience. If you have positive information to add, please contact me. I’m happy to be educated on points that are still unclear to me. If you have negative information to share, please keep it to yourself. And if you think this post is just mind games, feel very free to just move on. Thanks.
I’m fairly new at Human Design. I remember when I read the information on the Generator Profile for the first time, I was astounded at the idea that I’d been living my life almost entirely as a Manifestor Profile. If you don’t know about Human Design, there are several great websites on the subject but basically, I was living outside the design that I came in with, the Generator 6/3 Profile.
Human Design says that you were born with a design that helps you move through the world in optimal fashion. Generators, when in alignment with the profile, experience Satisfaction. When out of alignment with their design, Generators experience Frustration. Just seeing those two words were a major confirmation for me because I instantly flashed back on the times I had felt true Satisfaction and there was such a grace and ease to what led to those moments that it was in stark contrast to the far more common struggle that so often led to frustration instead.
1. We are designed to respond to life, not initiate. Totally backwards from the way I’ve lived my life but I look at where it’s gotten me, trying to make something happen, after 59 years. That hasn’t worked so why not try waiting til I have something to respond to.
2. We allow life to bring us what we need and move through life by responding in the moment to opportunities that come to us.
3. The best sign we have that we are not operating within our design is a feeling of frustration.
4. The best sign we have that we are operating within our design is a feeling of satisfaction.
5. If we initiate, or enter into something incorrectly, it will always wear us out and create frustration.
6. We are supposed to be actively engaged in something we love until we are exhausted. This is when we go to bed. However, if we are exhausted by something we don’t love, we suffer.
7. Generators become slaves when they enter into a job or relationship incorrectly. They can give their energy away and become frustrated and burned out when they are really designed to be more like the energizer bunny that can just keep going and going and going when aligned with their design and entering correctly into jobs and relationships.
Get Your Free Human Design Chart